Rutgers students are free to attend accredited study abroad programs sponsored by other institutions. Where appropriate, we will approve courses equivalent to those offered in our department for transfer credit.
Please do the following:
- Obtain as much course information as possible: syllabus, course description, program brochure, et cetera.
- Meet with an advisor or the Undergraduate Director to go over the courses you plan to take before studies begin. This will help confirm that the courses are at the right level, do not duplicate courses already taken, and can be given credit.
- Provide an official transcript from the study abroad program institution to the Rutgers registrar's office.
- Meet with the Undergraduate Director, bringing course syllabus and any other course information with you.
- Where appropriate, we will approve course equivalencies for transfer credit.