Courses taught in French: Students are placed into French courses according to the results of their placement test. All French course offerings are taught in French unless labelled otherwise.
Courses taught in English: There is no prerequisite needed in French. Courses may count towards the minor. Majors may take either one course taught in English or one course taught outside the department on a Francophone topic (with prior written approval of the Undergraduate Director). Courses will be listed as: Taught in English.
- Students must complete French 132 before taking any 200-level course.
- Students who have taken a 200-level course may not take a 100-level course.
- You cannot take both 215 AND 217.
- You cannot take both 216 AND 218.
- French 215 (or 217) and 216 (or 218) are prerequisites to all 300 and 400 level courses.
- Students who place above the 200-level or who wish to request exceptions should contact the Undergraduate Director.
- It is recommended, but not required, that students take 6 credits at the 300-level before taking 400-level courses.
- For complete major and minor requirements, please go to: majoring & minoring in French.